Naturally, I'm a couple of weeks late with this post, but you've probably come to expect that by now! And I'll explain it by saying, we've been really busy...but that's nothing unusual either. It's true though. Summer is absolutely our busiest time, by far. Andy's business is naturally busiest in the summer since his work is mainly outdoor. My summers are very, very busy since students file their year end reports, and I write book stipend checks for 800+ kids and begin paying fall tuition. Vacation days and time away are hard to come by!
But this year, we took a quick trip to Michigan to relax on the beach and chill out in a cabin in the woods. It was great! We left home on Wednesday, after work, and drove most of the way to our destination. After a night at the Holiday Inn in Muskegon, MI (which Hannah insisted was the exact same hotel we stayed in while in Athens for the big K&K wedding) we drove the rest of the way to the tiny village of Onekama, MI.
The cottage we rented is one that my former boss has gone to every summer since she was a child. It was built into the side of a sand dune and is about a half mile walk from a perfect public beach on Lake Michigan. Most of you have probably seen a bunch of our pictures on facebook by now, so I'm just posting a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you all got to get away for a few days! Great pictures and recap.
Looks great, especially the temperature differences from the southern beaches.
Post a Comment