Fall

Thursday, April 16, 2009

He lives, He lives!

Well, you can always count on us to take a day off from work and overschedule it, if possible! On Good Friday, Andy and I both had the day off and it turned into a busy day. While Andy worked on a concrete job he's doing, the girls and I packed up and headed to Greenwood. We went first to buy an Ergo carrier, for Hannah to ride in. It is much nicer than the carrier we used with her as an infant and it distributes the weight really well, I'm excited to have it and can't wait to use it more. Hannah is happy in it, as long as she can see Daddy, Abby or a dog or cat. Simple enough!

From there, we headed to Target to have pictures taken. In the day or two before, Abigail had insisted that she didn't want to be in the pictures and the original intent was to get Hannah's one year pictures taken, so it was fine with me if Abbs sat out. When we got there though, Miss Messy Ponytail became such a ham. So, we have several adorable portraits of Hannah to choose from, a couple good ones of the girls together and a really cute one or two of not-dressed-up-everyday-play-clothes Abigail. That was fine with me, a working mom has no time to quibble, any picture is a good picture, in my book!

On Saturday morning it was time to dye eggs! Abby and Hannah's Easter cards from Halseys arrived in the mail that morning and the timing was perfect. Below is a picture of our dyed eggs, "dressed in their outfits" which were punch-outs from the card Halseys sent. Abby and I had fun decorating eggs while Hannah napped. Later in the afternoon it was time for Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We had an egg hunt and semi successful kite flying outside and a delicious meal (with cheesecake!) inside. Here are some pictures from Saturday:




Kyle pushing Abigail

Look at all the eggs in her bucket! She loves the bucket, by the way.





Our well dressed eggs



The best picture I could get on Sunday, after church. It's tough when Hannah is crawling away!

On Easter evening, wrapping up a very busy weekend, Andy's mom and dad came over for supper. As Sharon was helping Abigail into her pajamas, Abbs started singing "He lives, He lives...Christ Jesus...how's it go? You know, that song? The rest of it, how's it go?" So Sharon and I helped her with the words. A very fitting way to finish the weekend, I thought.

2 comments:

Polk said...

The pictures are so cute of the girls!! The relationship that Abbs and Kyle have is adorable. I hope they grow up to be such good friends.

Grace Halsey said...

They are getting so big and their hair is getting long!! Maybe Hannah can have some little ponytails this summer. :) I'm so glad the card was fun to use! Great pictures and update.