Out of the many dolls around the house I don't know what made her decide to name this one. It is a doll that a neighbor of Mom and Dad's gave Abigail almost a year ago. Marge Horton was a very dear lady that we always visited when we were in Louisville. She and her husband never had children of their own and Mom provided lots of help and friendship to her in her later years. For some reason, Marge sort of adopted Andy and I and our kids and began calling herself 'Granny Marge' to Abigail. It has been a long time since we've seen Marge though, and last fall she died after a long illness. Since we don't see Marge often we haven't discussed her death with Abigail. I really figured Abby had just forgotten about her until the other day when I heard her speaking to the exact doll Marge had given her saying "Here Marge, it's time for your bottle."
Abigail burping 'Marge.'
'Marge' taking a bottle from Abigail.
I can't write a post without mentioning Hannah, too! Here she is, picking up Legos in the play room. She loves to pickup and put away toys, you just have to stop her before it's time to dump them out again! Her new words are: eyes, Pete (our dog), and out.
3 comments:
Marge would be so proud of this. And it looks like Abbs got some of Pops' memory genes.
We printed this out to give to Marge's nephews. Since I can't tell Marge about this, I thought the nephews should know. Keith is right ---- she would be so proud!
How cute and creative! Her nephews will be glad there's a little namesake in central Indiana.
Post a Comment