Saturday night, we went to an adult prom fundraiser to benefit Kristi's sister-in-law Sam's youth group summer trip. The theme was Enchantment Under the Sea from Back to the Future. Originally, the plan was to wear clothes from the decade of your prom, but it turned into a tacky affair where several people raided thrift shops for goodies.
Kristi found my outfit (sport coat, vest, pants) for $12!! She wore a dress her Mom got at Goodwill for $4.80. I think she looked like an '80s version of Vanna White. The prom cost $25 per couple, and there was a silent auction, and cash bar. I borrowed one of Bruce's bow ties, and Sam insisted that my boutonniere was pink .
The night was filled with dancing and heavy hors d'hoevres. And at the end, much to Kristi's delight, although she insists she didn't have anything to do with the voting, I was awarded Prom King. Another lady was Prom Queen, and apparently it was based on our outfits.
There was a professional dee-jay and photographer, and most of the pictures above with the background. The outdoor pictures are from last weekend after church and before the Easter feast.
5 comments:
Keith, that tux is epic.
You are workin' that white suit and Kristi, LOVE the poofy sleeves on that snazzy dress! Looks like you all had a ball :-)
WOW!!The photos are great! I guess there wasn't enough hair for the prom king to sport a crown. Kristi did great on finding such appropriate outfits for both of you.
These pictures are NOT EVEN!
You guys know how to paint the town red--with sequins!! I can just hear BB singing right now....way to add a classic picture to the music. :)
Post a Comment