- Coming down the last step from the porch there is a big drop on the south side of the house. The other day Abby was holding my hand and said "Phew, that's a big 'un!"
- We told Abigail that Mom was coming to stay with her while she was home sick on Tuesday and she said, in a totally deadpan, nonexcited voice "I'm so excited, I can't wait to see her." I do think she was excited, just feeling too puny to say anything with much feeling.
- A week or so ago Abigail asked me if she could have a snack. I was in the middle of preparing a meal and said she could but if she didn't mind, I'd finish chopping this/stirring/whatever I was doing first. She replied "Sure, Mommy. You go right ahead."
- We've heard "Thank you for my flip flops!!" at least a dozen times lately. She's easy to please.
- Andy often asks Hannah if she's a good girl and she enthusiastically says "Yes" We like to think she's smart enough to know that every question deserves an answer but honestly we didn't think she knew what she was saying. Until the other night when I carried her inside for just a minute, requiring us to walk away from Andy and Abby who were playing outside. She immediately screamed and cried and pointed to the front door. So I asked her if she wanted to go outside and she absolutely shrieked "YES!!!"
That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure they'll keep coming though.
2 comments:
Looks like Abby's helping us all with future birthday/Christmas gifts, with that opinion on flip flops. And there's no telling what she'd say about a Polk visit when she's 100 percent.
Those were great!!! I can just hear Abby saying them. I can't really imagine Hannah screaming "YES!" but I'm glad to hear that she's inheriting the Farner clear-communication gene. :)
Post a Comment