Fall

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas in July











On our summer of travel, Kristi and I joined the rest of the Zavitz clan for a trip to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. to celebrate Bruce and Carole's 15-year wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place, which had plenty of holiday decorations, but wasn't over the top.
There were several activities for the kiddos, (Kailey Kate 3 1/2, Cate 1 1/2, Luca 4 months) like an elf reading Christmas stories, milk and cookies with Santa, and Santa playing the guitar.
There was also an indoor pool, hot tub, and outdoor pool with a corkscrew slide. We also went Christmas shopping, and yes, I purchased three gifts for Halseys, Bridges and the AARPs. Gasp! It's the first time I've crossed those three off my list this early. Usually I start sometime around Dec. 23rd.
On Thursday, we went to a Hibachi restaurant, Friday we went to a restaurant next to a mill, and then walked around to candy and toy shops. Saturday, we went to dinner to celebrate the anniversary, complete with a giant chocolate cake that was big enough for the entire table to share. On Sunday, Paul, Emily, Kailey Kate, (Luca), Kristi and I played putt-putt. Yours truly sank two holes in one. Our group picture with pirate eye patches is in honor of Bruce's cataract surgery two days before we left.

2 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

I can tell you are not only going for "Uncle of the Year" but also "Coolest Aunt's Boyfriend!" :) Kristi looks so much like her mom! Looks like a great time. We are waiting with baited breath to see the gift that inspired you to start your Christmas shopping 6 months early!

Laura Bridges said...

I agree with Gracie, I have got to know what this gift was that prompted you to shop ahead of time!